Hardware and Inspections
Do not require any hardware that is not specifically required by locally adopted standards and codes including:
- Visible, lockable AC disconnects
- Rooftop disconnects
Consider eliminating utility site inspections by accepting code and safety inspection results from the local jurisdiction.
If a utility inspection is required, consider the following policies:
- Complete the inspection within three days of the request.
- Provide a specific time of inspection to the system installer.
- Make information on inspection requirements easy to access.
- Eliminate redundant site visits by combining inspections. For example, one large Oregon utility typically conducts inspections coincident with the placement of bi-directional meters, thus eliminating the need for a separate scheduled inspection. Customers and installers appreciate the time savings!